Fire wood collection

The collection of firewood is controlled by Indigo Shire and DELWP (Department of Environment Land Water and Planning). DEWLP have seasonal collection points, where you can help yourself to firewood.

A permit is required for firewood collection from the roadside, however it is important to note that only on roads managed by Indigo Shire.

In Indigo Shire the major arterial roads are managed by VicRoads, so you cannot collect firewood from these roads at any time. Refer to the below link for more details.

Country LivingMark Jesser